May 15, 2009

Chicken Taco Casserole

I don't believe that I have tasted this dish by Lisa but am planning to make it this next week.  It is similar to Mariah's Mexican Casserole.  I look forward to making them both to see what the differences are.  Although I haven't tasted this I do know this...Lisa couldn't make anything that didn't taste good!

Ingredients:

1 roasting chicken(I used chicken breasts)

1 16 oz can tomatoes(petite diced)

1 large onion

½ stick margarine

1 lb. mild cheese

1 pt. half and half

1 large can green chilies(I used 2 sm. cans Rotel tomatoes

1 large bag taco pieces

 Directions:

Boil chicken in salted water until tender; remove the skin and bones.  Cut into small pieces.  In a large saucepan, sauté onion in the butter until tender.  Add the tomatoes and chilies; simmer 20 minutes.  Add cheese and half and half; bring to boiling point.  Line large casserole dish with the crisp broken taco pieces.  Spread chicken evenly on top.  Pour cheese-chili mixture over all.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour.  This is best made several hours before baking and allowed to set.

                                                   Lisa Condrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

And the taste panel says....